To become a Seeing Eye Dog User:：
- Show care and enthusiasm and support Seeing Eye Dog services; Believe in HKSEDS’s vision and mission.
- Must be a certified visually impaired by any government recognized organization and willing to use a Seeing Eye Dog.
- Age between 18 and 65, with good living habit, healthy and able to travel independently.
- Able to feed and take care of the dog.
- Passionate about life and have positive attitude.
- Good sense of orientation and able to travel independently on at least three familiar route using your current mobility aid.
- Know simple English and is willing to accept training by our trainers.
- Able to commit to a 28-day training in Hong Kong or overseas. Another 4 to 6 weeks follow-up training at home, office and places mostly visited may be required.
- Able to afford daily expenses of the Seeing Eye Dog (food, vaccination, medical, and grooming).
- Certified by the HKSAR as disabled.
If you know of anyone who may be suitable for the service of a Seeing Eye Dog, welcome to contact us. Interested parties will be interviewed and assessed by our trainers. Once qualified, applicants will be registered in our waiting list to be paired up with our Seeing Eye Dogs. Selection process is not on first-come-first-serve basis. Instead, it is depended on the number of existing Seeing Eye Dog as well as the matching result. Once successfully matched, our trainers will be responsible to provide all the training for the user.